5 Things to Consider When Experiencing Hate
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- Safety First: Trust your instincts and assess your surroundings. If you feel unsafe and you are able to, leave the area.
- Stay Calm: Take a deep breath, limit eye-contact, and maintain a neutral body language.
- Speak Out (If you can do so safely): In a calm and firm voice, establish physical boundaries, and denounce their behavior and comments.
- Seek Immediate Support: Ask bystanders for support or intervention.
- Seek Emotional Support: Once you feel safe, take time to recover and reach out to someone to talk about what happened. Remember this is not your fault, and you are not alone.